Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while I load build output to STM32F411 through ST-LINKV2-1 or V2

jwoh
Associate
Posted on June 26, 2015 at 11:14

Dear

I tried to upload build output(.axf) into flash of STM32F411, but it failed.

- Internal command error 

- Error: Flash Download failed - Target DLL has been cancelled.

I used STM32F411 Nucleo board pulled out two jumpers for ST-link not Nucleo. Target board is my own board before it succeed on loading. The target board is consists of STM32F411. I started to develop from Nucleo, then moved to target board.

Loading .axf process is succeed on Nucleo, but when I used it as ST-link with the other target board it failed.

Wiring is same as before.

Is there any suspicious things?

Regards,

Jiwon

#st-link-stm32f411
1 REPLY 1
Posted on June 26, 2015 at 17:39

The usual things to worry about are having a common ground, and using NRST, that the onboard target is completely disconnected, and not interfering with the SWO/NRST pins in addition to the SWDIO/SWCLK pins.

If the target part isn't starting/functional, then an SWD connection isn't going to be any more functional.

Address the basics first, make sure your digital and analogue supplies are present. The BOOTx pins are in the state you need. That 1.25V volts can be seen at the VCAP pins. That NRST isn't stuck in a low state.

If you have USART1/USART3 connectivity, check you can enter the System Loader, and that it is responsive.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..