cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to program custom iNemo M1 board with STM32F4 Discovery and ST-Link Utility?

daniel23
Associate II
Posted on April 11, 2015 at 22:49

Hi to all, I have developed my own ST iNemo based board, and I'm trying to program it with the Discovery board. The iNemo board is connected to the VCC pin of the discovery for the power supply while programming, and the other connections are related to the swd connection.

My board includes the resistors (10k) connected to the iNemo SWD links.

Someone can suggest me why my ST-Link Util does not connect with this configuration and says me ''Can not connect to target!Please select ''Connect Under Reset'' mode from Target->Settings menu and try again.If you're trying to connect to a low frequency application , please select a lower SWD Frequency mode from Target->Settings menu.''

Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on April 12, 2015 at 01:55

You need to walk through your design, and verify it's actually functional.

Make sure the analogue supply is present, and that NRST isn't clamped low. If you have USART connectivity, strap BOOT0 High, and test that you can talk to the System Loader.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
daniel23
Associate II
Posted on April 12, 2015 at 10:40

I have attached my schematic, using SWD connector linked to my Discovery board, and discovery linked to the pc through the USB connection, my boot0 pin has to be connected to gnd or left floating?

My NRST is not clamped down since there is a reset button connecting NRST to GND.

Thank you

Attachments :

1.pdf : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HznU&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bS2%2FJoUPddVEf_lJ4sMqBS8CkKs6Tde9mA6h1rSeGaMkYzQ&asPdf=false
Posted on April 12, 2015 at 14:39

Actually I was suggesting you use a scope or meter and verify that NRST isn't clamped low, ie held in reset by one of a number of drivers.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on April 12, 2015 at 15:35

USART1 is PA9/PA10

Would suggest you place the module in System Loader mode (BOOT0=High), and then in a terminal application like RealTerm, and 9600 8E1, send an 0x7F byte, and confirm if you can see an 0x79 response. See also the Flash Loader Demonstrator application.

If the module is not powering correctly the STM32 will be unreachable via JTAG/SWD or USART.