Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32f407vgt temperature

mohamad_armoon
Associate III
Posted on March 06, 2015 at 10:39

hi every body.

recently i designed a board using stm32f4vgt6 , before that i tried my code on stm32f4 discovery board,

when i solder micro entirely , and deploy my code on it , micro becomes more warmer than discovery's micro(about 2 or 3 °c) e.g. in my micro it's 34°c and in discovery is 31°c 

i dedicate a regulator (5 to 3.3) specially for micro .

interesting thing for me is that this temp is not same and steady in entire micro e.g. around pin 1 it's 31 around pin 26 it's 34 and ...

is this informal ?? what can affect raising temperature (capacitors or track width or ....)??

what is the 

allowable 

maximum temperature in running mode for this kind of micros ??

any information would be great .

-----

thanks in advance 

MA
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on March 06, 2015 at 11:17

> interesting thing for me is that this temp is not same and steady in entire micro e.g. around pin 1 it's 31 around pin 26 it's 34 and ...

P=I*U

Look at the datasheet what is the current consumption of individual modules, especially clock/pll (which runs at VDDA), and the sum of core consumption (which runs out of the internal regulator, which drops VDD to the core voltage, cca 1.8V). You can infer the internal position of the clock/pll module from the position of VDDA and crystal oscillator pins; and the position of the voltage regulator from the VCAP pins.

Once you connect and drive external circuitry, the GPIO current/power may come into play, too. GPIOs run out of VDD.

The generated power is dissipated both through the pins and the ''plastic''. You can influence the former by connecting the pins to thicker tracks/copper planes. There may be pins to which more thermal power is ''connected'' internally, usually the ground pins; but this depends on the details of the internal construction.

> what is the 

allowable 

maximum temperature in running mode for this kind of micros ??

See ''Maximum junction temperature'' and ''Thermal characteristics'' in the datasheet.

JW

Posted on March 06, 2015 at 11:35

Disco runs at 3V

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..