cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

program stm32f407 discovery board with st_linkv2

mohamad_armoon
Associate III
Posted on May 17, 2014 at 12:12

hi guys i want to program my stm32f407 discovery board with st_link v2. what exactly i should do ?? because stlinkv2 has 20 pin for program stm32 series but discovery has 6 pin.

2 REPLIES 2
Posted on May 17, 2014 at 16:04

Why?

The STM32F4-DISCO has a built in ST-LINK, the connectors are designed to export that, not as inputs. To connect an external JTAG/SWD debugger you need to disconnect the internal one, and wire in the external one to the pins on the STM32F407 device. The process has been described on the forum before, but you need to review the schematic for the board first and understand what you are doing.

The 20-pin header on the ST-LINK/V2 is a STANDARD ARM connector, it is well documented, and you will need to pull off a subset of the pins to achieve the SWD debug connection.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
mohamad_armoon
Associate III
Posted on May 22, 2014 at 10:11

thanks clive at first i thought that these pins are for program discovery with external stlink but after i read your information i read the datasheet more accurate i found that it's for programming external MCU. so thanks for your information ,i found 5 main pin for program stm32f407 

SWCLK(PA14), SWIO(PA13),VCC,GND,NRST and wired it to micro and finally programmed it.