cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32f4discovery ,how to launch lcd display by fsmc ?are there any interference by leds which are embedded on board to same pins for lcd?

drek-mu
Associate II
Posted on February 22, 2014 at 15:16

hi guys,it's my first visit in the group, can you help me ,i have recently bought stm32f4discovery board and learning arm controllers ,before i used avr risc 8bit controllers and have more skills in it ,but to do big projects in avr is impossible ,however now i'm using stm32 and i would like to work with embedded lcd display (in my board used st8377).i have motherboard for stm32f4discovery and there is possibility to connect lcd by motherboard to stm32f4discovery ,i think you know it .But i cann't launch lcd ,exactly it's running with white screen but in program i would like to change colors ,red green .....,can you help me if i post my program ?

7 REPLIES 7
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on February 23, 2014 at 00:17

Hi,

Please post your question on ''STM32 Evaluation Tools'' forum as this one is Software related forum.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Posted on February 23, 2014 at 04:17

Unless there is some intent to actively manage and move threads to an appropriate forum page, having multiple pages with similar themes would seem to invite this kind of issue?

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on February 24, 2014 at 11:29

Hi Clive1,

Unfortunately, the current forum infrastructure doesn't allow to move a thread from a forum to another.

But I don't agree with you that we have ''multiple pages with similar themes''. In fact, we want to have a dedicated forum depending on the topic:

1- STM32: general STM32 topics related to peripherals, performance, documentation... and covers all STM32 products.

2- STM32 Evaluation Tools: covers requests regarding STM32 Discovery Kits, STM32 Nucleo and STM32 Eval Boards. It deals with specific discussions on these hardware tools.

3- STM32 Software Tools and Firmware: as given in its description, it is a public forum on STM32 software tools and firmware (STM32Cube & CubeMX, STM-Studio, STVP, ST-LINK utility, Java, .NET, Matlab Simulink, IDE, snippets, stacks (USB, Ethernet, KNX, CANopen…), std periph lib, demo firmware).

The new categories were added to rationalize threads submission from topics point of view.

So,

for all STM32 forum users

, to avoid redundancy and have an effective (effective = more chances to get expected answer) thread, here are some tips when entering a new thread:

- select the good category

- clearly state issue giving minimum & complete code if necessary

- Avoid updating very old threads even if you judge that you have similar issue. You can give it as reference.

You will have more chance to get an answer if thread is submitted in ''correct'' category as there are ST people who visit regularly forums (depending on category) to check if there is any issue where they can bring some help.

Best Regards,

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

drek-mu
Associate II
Posted on February 25, 2014 at 06:59

he guys ,how to be in my case ,i see you discuss about people use similar  topics in differently posts ,ok and i see my mistake but i must solve my problem and help me if you know some skills about it

Posted on February 25, 2014 at 18:54

he guys ,how to be in my case ,i see you discuss about people use similar  topics in differently posts ,ok and i see my mistake but i must solve my problem and help me if you know some skills about it

I don't know, doesn't HAOYU, et al, provide some examples for their mother board? I know EMBest has some examples for their STM32F4-DIS-BB Breakout Board, try reviewing those, and the schematics associated with it.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on February 25, 2014 at 19:02

Unfortunately, the current forum infrastructure doesn't allow to move a thread from a forum to another.

This is such a basic function of a forum, moving posts, that it defies credulity that it can't be done, and done so easily. Perhaps someone from IT/Microsoft can explain? If you can't move them perhaps you should just delete them so the inattentive get the message.

joerg23
Associate II
Posted on March 04, 2014 at 23:17

Hello,

it is strongly recommended place resistors as a 

low-pass

filter

to all data lines of the fmsc bus to Your LCD.  On the most boards from china they are missing.  I place 2k resistors to all my designs.

Joerg