Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U-boot on STM32F4-DISCO

amine
Associate II
Posted on March 17, 2014 at 20:36

Hello everyone,

I am trying to make U-boot work on my STM32F4-discovery board, and I downloaded the Emcraft version which supports the STM32F429-Disco board. I have made the required modifications (I hope) but I am facing a weird problem where I receive corrupt chars from the serial port. I even tried the pre-built image provided and I have the same problem.

any one have an idea about what might be the problem, I am really confused here and ran out of possible explanation.

any help would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on March 17, 2014 at 20:54

Using which USART/pins, because PA9 is not viable on the STM32F4-DISCO without modification.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
amine
Associate II
Posted on March 17, 2014 at 21:18

using that pin (PA9) it is made as the default pin in that setup by Emcraft.

what pin can I use without problems, and what r the modifications I need to make?

thanks

Posted on March 17, 2014 at 23:00

You might be able to use USART6 via PC6/7

For PA9 you should review the circuit diagram to see what is attached to it, the biggest problem is a large bulk capacitor, but it's connected to other USB related pins/chips too.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
amine
Associate II
Posted on March 18, 2014 at 20:40

that was the problem, and USART6 worked 🙂

thanks a lot for your help.