Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Using ST-LINK/V2 to program an external STM32 application

nhandt3
Associate II
Posted on March 17, 2014 at 04:52

Hi,

I trying to use ST-LINK/V2 in STM32F4 discovery board to program an external application in SWD mode.

I connected Pin GND, Pin 3.3V, Pin SWCLK, Pin SWDIO from external board to ST-LINK/V2 and remove connection from ST-LINK/V2 to CM4 chip in STM32F4 discovery board. 

I use Keil ARM and in CORTEX-M DRIVER SETUP window, tool can recognize ARM CORE SIGHT SW-DP. But when I load, tool flag : ''no taget connected''...

Please, help me. Are there any note at external board, I put BOOT 0 and BOOT 1 on external boad to 0V.

Thanks.   

4 REPLIES 4
Nickname306_O
Senior
Posted on March 17, 2014 at 16:53

Hi nguyen,

Please ensure that you have connected ST-Link correctly .

if your application requires ''connect under reset'', you have to connect also the NRST pin.

Please visit the technical documentation available on the web site at the following link :

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/user_manual/DM00039084.pdf

You can refer to the section :

4.2.2 Using ST-LINK/V2 to program/debug an external STM32 application

Best Regards,

Nouha

Hi,

I trying to use ST-LINK/V2 in STM32F4 discovery board to program an external application in SWD mode.

I connected Pin GND, Pin 3.3V, Pin SWCLK, Pin SWDIO from external board to ST-LINK/V2 and remove connection from ST-LINK/V2 to CM4 chip in STM32F4 discovery board. 

I use Keil ARM and in CORTEX-M DRIVER SETUP window, tool can recognize ARM CORE SIGHT SW-DP. But when I load, tool flag : ''no taget connected''...

Please, help me. Are there any note at external board, I put BOOT 0 and BOOT 1 on external boad to 0V.

Thanks.   

nhandt3
Associate II
Posted on March 22, 2014 at 10:52

Hi Nouha,

Thanks for your help,

I connect Reset pin together and it's ok. But now, I met problem when conect STLINK V2  with another board, I config hardware as last time and ''Stm32 ST LINK Unility'' tool show the error ''cannot connect to device, MCU is kept under reset''. Please, show me the solution.

Thanks and regards,

Nhan Nguyen

Nickname306_O
Senior
Posted on April 01, 2014 at 15:35

Hi Nhan Nguyen,

Please Check you Reset pin : it should be high.

let me know.

Best Regards,

Nouha

Posted on April 01, 2014 at 17:21

Please, show me the solution.

Generally you'll have issues if the part is not powered/functional, or user code is doing something abherant preventing JTAG/SWD access. You can remove user code from the equation by pulling BOOT0 High at reset. Your other method to confirm signs-of-life is to use the USART to connect to the System Loader. This may require you read some documentation, and become familiar with the tools.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..