cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aid with HAL library

Posted on July 25, 2015 at 16:09

Hello there,

I am trying to make my way into hal library and stm32 but I find it very difficult. The files seem to be well documented with the doxygen, but it doesnt help me much. Is there any tutorial or a book even better, that describes (with examples, because thats what i am missing the most) the philosophy here, how to use interrupts over the layers and etc?

Most of the ''tutorials'' I find are very general and mostly show how to create a project or blink some leds. I cannot find anything that gives more thought to the HAL libs.

I would apreciate all help.

#hal
1 REPLY 1
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on July 27, 2015 at 17:55

Hi Bremen,

There is a set of documents that may help you to understand the Cube philosophy and efficiently use it.

Depending on the MCU you are using, do a search for its STM32CubeXX package in ST web site (Ex: STM32CubeF4).

In the page corresponding to

http://www.st.com/web/catalog/tools/FM147/CL1794/SC961/SS1743/LN1897/PF259243

, you can find some user manuals (Ex: UM1725, UM1730...) helpful to know the Cube architecture and explains the development approach.

When you download the whole package, you will find a lot of examples with various complexity levels and using different STM32F4 peripherals.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.