Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solved: M24SR not working when soldering headers :(

joaquim
Associate III
Posted on March 20, 2014 at 10:58

Hi everybody!

It's my first post here and it's my first time working with STMicroElectronics stuff so please be aware I will probably ask very simple or even stupid questions. Please have some patience with me! 🙂

By the way, I just received my M24SR antenna suite. It is nice 🙂 In their initial state, I can write and read all M24SR tags in there by using the NXP TagWriter Android Application. No problem, several times, everything is ok.

However, when I solder some headers to the boards. I can only write it down once, and then when trying to read it says ''this item is used, blocked, or not supported and cannot contain an NFC data set''. I feel strange about this, since I have not even messed with passwords and so on. The soldering is nice and this happened with two different boards.

So, what I'm not taking into account? My plans are to interface a M24SR to an external MCU (microcontroller) so for first steps I need to wire some of this headers.

Ok, let me know your opinions! I attach some photos of my case

0690X00000603NmQAI.jpg

I will be waiting for your answers! See you soon.

#m24sr-headers-mcu #matrix #matrix #m24sr #m24sr
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
joaquim
Associate III
Posted on March 22, 2014 at 00:26

Hi,

perhaps I expressed wrong myself but I'm not after any source code 🙂 What I meant is that since I have code size restrictions, I'm after identifying the minimum command set for doing a M24SR read operation from MCU.

By the way, I already have a M24SR Discovery kit and another STM32L100C-DISCO so I will start by checking the source code for these, even if they are quite powerful for my purposes, and then try to port my own 🙂

I will post my doubts

regarding M24SR

in upcoming threads 😉

PS: nice community! However, perhaps the image uploader could use an update.

Posted: Friday, March 21, 2014 5:03 PM

Subject: M24SR not working when soldering headers :(

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback 🙂

- No problem about the read range, in fact I'm doing my first steps. The big antennas allow for larger ranges but I guess any design I prepare with an inductance around 5uH will do the trick 😉

yep exactly, but of course,

the read range is linked to the coupling between the antenna of the NFC phone and the M24SR . (so tests might be done to ensure to get the read range required)

- I plan to interface this with a MSP430 from TI, so let me know if there are current ongoing efforts in this direction. By the way, in order to implement as few code as possible, since I have code size constraints, I would like to know the minimum list of commands I have to send in order to read the content of the tag.

We are not providing source code on microcontroller from competition, but we are providing a complete firmware on STM32L1 or L0.

I encourage you to have a look to this micro too.

- Final question, how can I mark this question as solved?

You can use, mark as helpful post  on the page here below.

Have a nice day, (and week end)

ST NFC/RFID Dynamic tag support

Posted: Friday, March 21, 2014 3:44 PM

Hi,

no problem in answering questions!

In fact, it is weird, writing with M24SR application works and from now on, everything works again, even with other NFC apps. No shortcircuit present, I checked.

- I'm using a Galaxy Nexus. However, perhaps yesterday the battery level was lower. I don't think this may affect but...

- No problem about the read range, in fact I'm doing my first steps. The big antennas allow for larger ranges but I guess any design I prepare with an inductance around 5uH will do the trick 😉

- I plan to interface this with a MSP430 from TI, so let me know if there are current ongoing efforts in this direction. By the way, in order to implement as few code as possible, since I have code size constraints, I would like to know the minimum list of commands I have to send in order to read the content of the tag.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anais GALLIGANI
Senior II
Posted on March 21, 2014 at 11:24

Hello,

in order to help you, I have a bundle of question, sorry about that.

- what is the nfc phone you are using?

- might you please test with our application

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nfc.m24srdemo&hl=fr

- might you please confirm there is not any short on the soldering header?

and also what is the read range you are trying to achieve?

Have a nice day,

Best regards,

ST NFC/RFID Dynamic tag e2e support

joaquim
Associate III
Posted on March 21, 2014 at 15:44

Hi,

In fact, it is weird, writing with M24SR application works and from now on, everything works again, even with other NFC apps. No shortcircuit present, I checked.

- I'm using a Galaxy Nexus. However, perhaps yesterday the battery level was lower. I don't think this may affect but...

Have a nice day!

Anais GALLIGANI
Senior II
Posted on March 21, 2014 at 17:03

Hello,

the read range is linked to the coupling between the antenna of the NFC phone and the M24SR . (so tests might be done to ensure to get the read range required)

We are not providing source code on microcontroller from competition, but we are providing a complete firmware on STM32L1 or L0.

Hi,

Have a nice day!

joaquim
Associate III
Posted on March 22, 2014 at 00:26

Hi,

perhaps I expressed wrong myself but I'm not after any source code 🙂 What I meant is that since I have code size restrictions, I'm after identifying the minimum command set for doing a M24SR read operation from MCU.

By the way, I already have a M24SR Discovery kit and another STM32L100C-DISCO so I will start by checking the source code for these, even if they are quite powerful for my purposes, and then try to port my own 🙂

I will post my doubts

regarding M24SR

in upcoming threads 😉

PS: nice community! However, perhaps the image uploader could use an update.

Posted: Friday, March 21, 2014 5:03 PM

Hello,

Hi,

Have a nice day!