cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to read STM32F207 ADC values via the JTAG port?

jeffrey
Associate
Posted on March 24, 2014 at 13:04

I have some boundary scan software that allows me to control the lines on a STM32F207 that I have on one of the PCBS that I need to test.

Can the ADC inputs to the STM32F207 be read via the JTAG port and is there any documentation and timing diagrams available that details the pins on the STM32F207 that need to be toggled in order to read the ADC inputs?

Any info and links are appreciated.

Thanks

#stm32f207-adc-jtag
1 REPLY 1
Posted on March 24, 2014 at 13:40

Well I'd imagine you can read internal ARM states, and the memory space, using the usual methods the core would have to do that. Evaluate what software and docs are available from ARM wrt the Cortex-M3 core. Vendors like Segger have libraries.

Are you familiar with assembler? Because you'd basically need to sequence the writes to the peripheral space in exactly the same way as you would when initializing the ADC in C, and as documented in the reference manual via the registers. The other thing typically done is to upload code into SRAM via JTAG/SWD, run that code, and then read results from memory you've set aside for mailboxes. Such applets could be written in C or Assembler, or combination thereof.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..