Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-Linkv2 Pod: Connection in ''Low Power Mode''

Rogers.Gary
Senior II
Posted on November 27, 2016 at 00:48

Hi,

Sorry if this question may have been answered, I was unable to find anything in the forum on this.

Using an STM32F405/64pin device. Boot 0 is tied to GND through a 470R resistor. Since I'm using flash boot, I left Boot1 floating (although this is not good, next time I will put it through a resistor to GND as well)

However, there's a bit of strangeness going on. When it connects, it gives the message ''Debug in Low Power mode enabled.''. I have some debug statements in the code so I want to use the SWO viewer. Every few time I use it, It pops up a message indicating it has disconnected from the port after clicking the start in the viewer. Then I click start again, and it goes on from there with no problem.

Now, I also have a JTAG Base pod. I can flash the device, and it goes to main and holds. When I select RUN/F5 ( in IAR) it starts running, prints out the first debug statement, then a pop-up window says ''Failed to get CPU status after 4 tries''. If I click ''No'' to halting the debugger, it will run the code again momentarily - as it prints out the lines that would have printed out if it were running - then stops again with the same message.

I have other designs I have flashed and run using the same 2 pods, and not seen this. Can anyone provide some insight as to what is going on?

Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0