cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4 SLEEP Mode Power, Please Clarify...

Rogers.Gary
Senior II
Posted on February 26, 2016 at 06:23

Hello,

I have looked through the app note AN4365, and I have a question about SLEEP mode

that isn't clear in the document.

The chart on Page 8 doesn't really disambiguate which one of those is sleep mode. So I am interested to find out this: if I want to SLEEP the device, yet still run a timer interrupt, what is the actual current in uA/MHz? I'm planning on running the

SystemCoreClock at 84Mhz.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Walid FTITI_O
Senior II
Posted on February 26, 2016 at 16:23

Hi roofie01,

In figure 2 of AN4365, we have chosen to put one mode from dynamic power modes ( Run and sleep) which is Run mode with all static power mode ( Stop, standby , Vbat).

So to figure out the uA/Mhz ratio of sleep mode, you need to check the related datasheet in ''Typical and maximum current consumption in Sleep mode'' table where you find the power consumption per frequency. You consider the typical value of ''All peripherals disabled''.

-> for example : in STM32F401 datasheet at this link , in Table 26 , you find that the current consumption in sleep mode; All peripherals disabled,  is like the following:

[@84 MHz:  current consumption is 5, 3 mA] ->  5,3/84 = 63 uA/Mhz

After that, if you need to make real estimation about you consumption at sleep mode, you have to add the current consumption of the enabled peripherals in your application (ex. Timer), from 'Peripheral current consumption '' Table 33.

-Hannibal-

Rogers.Gary
Senior II
Posted on February 29, 2016 at 16:03

Very helpful reply, thanks for good clarity!