Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to VCP connect a USB OTG device on STM32F405

Rogers.Gary
Senior II
Posted on November 02, 2015 at 01:18

Hi,

I guess the subject is too complex, too boring or too long to discuss on this forum.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on November 04, 2015 at 10:44

Hi roofie01,

Unfortunately, I missed your initial post before edit, so I am not aware about the problem that leads to the conclusion ''the subject is too complex, too boring or too long to discuss on this forum.''.

So could you please re-explain, forum users may bring you some help.

Based on the title of your post, if you just need a VCP example, you can start with:

- the example available under STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.9.0\Projects\STM324xG_EVAL\Applications\USB_Device\CDC_Standalone if you are a

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF259243

user

or

-  the example under STM32_USB-Host-Device_Lib_V2.1.0\Project\USB_Device_Examples\VCP if you are

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF257882

user.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Rogers.Gary
Senior II
Posted on November 05, 2015 at 07:15

Hi,

Sorry about that.

No one replied after a couple of days...so I just deleted the post. In any case, I got the VCP working with an example I found. My real goal was to get the USB drive functionality going, so I thought I would try with VCP to start. Now I'm trying to get the USB drive going, and that's giving me some problems. 

Can you please see my post titled ''STM32F4, USB OTG and FreeRTOS''. However, I discovered tonight that it has nothing to do with FreeRTOS because I run the USB code before the scheduler starts.

In summary, I have 2 sets of identical code, on 2 different platforms (Coocox, Atollic) and running on the same target board.  The Coocox works OK, Atollic only returns ''USB_MSC_DEV_DETACHED''

What could be the problem?

Thanks...