cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32Cube FMC config against F439 BSP code

kartik
Associate II
Posted on April 30, 2014 at 22:12

I'm trying to setup my project on STM32Cube just like the BSP provided with the STM32F439 in the firmware examples. Looking at stm324x9i_eval_sdram.c I see that SDRAM is configured on Bank1 with 11 address bits and (8bit cols) 32-bit width. When I configure the same settings on STM32Cube and look at the pinout, I find that the eval code in the demo has five additional GPIOs configured for the FMC. These are left as is when configuring the settings using STM32Cube. The pins are:

PI4 - FMC_NBL2

PI5- FMC_NBL3

PE0 - FMC_NBL0

PE1 - FMC_NBL1

PG1 - FMC_A11

I'm not sure if these pins are extra configurations that don't really matter in the demo BSP code and thats why STM32Cube has left those pins alone. Or there are some additional SDRAM configuration that I need to make on STM32Cube that are not apparent. If anyone has any clues, I would really appreciate the help.

Regards

Kartik

#stm32f439-iar
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on April 30, 2014 at 23:54

Well you need the NBL pins configured and functioning. Byte Lanes on the 32-bit device.

The A11 plays more to larger SDRAM devices on the same foot print.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
stm32cube-t
Senior III
Posted on May 23, 2014 at 12:08

Hello Kartik,

If you use the latest STM32CubeMX (rev 4.2) you will have the possibility to select directly the board with its pin and a default peripheral configuration.

NBL_ pins are used when the peripheral (FSMC-SDRAM, FSMC-SRAM) is configured for Byte enable and Data length (for SDRAM mode only).

See the snapshot showing the eval board config for SDRAM1.

0690X00000605eoQAA.png

Best Regards