cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STR711FR2 USB Virtual Com Port IAR *HELP* needed.

simon2399
Associate II
Posted on April 08, 2014 at 14:00

Hi,

I have been looking at implementing USB VCP on a STR711FR2. I have downloaded the str71x demos from ST. I have built the project and got it running but when I plug into the USB port I get �Unknown Device�

The board did not have a pull up on the D+ line so I have added one,  the micro has a 4Mhz xtal going to pin 19 (CK) and a 32.768Mhz between 22 (RTCXTO) and 21 (RTCXTI).

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Simon

#nrnd
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on April 11, 2014 at 02:20

Does it recognize a VID/PID for the device? Does that VID/PID appear in the .INF file for the driver you are trying to use against it? Do you have a USB analyzer? Does that shed any light on your issue? Do you have a serial port to which you could direct debug/diagnostic information too?

What board did the software initially target? How different is the board to which you are attempting to port the software too?

Do you have any other code ported and running on your board?

I can't speak to IAR, but Keil as I recall has it's own USB support library and examples, it might natively support STR711 parts.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
simon2399
Associate II
Posted on April 16, 2014 at 13:18

HI Clive,

Does it recognize a VID/PID for the device?  //

no the PC does not recognize it.

Does that VID/PID appear in the .INF file for the driver you are trying to use against it?//

it does but not much point if the pc does not recognize it.

Do you have a USB analyser?

// no

Do you have a serial port to which you could direct debug/diagnostic information too? //

no

What board did the software initially target? How different is the board to which you are attempting to port the software too? //

Schematics are the same as the development board from OLIMEX.

Do you have any other code ported and running on your board? //

yes, we have i2c, SPI, and internally tracked serial port running with no problems.

Simon