cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging problem: No ST-LINK detected

elgharbi
Associate
Posted on February 18, 2015 at 10:18

Hi, there is something wrong with my STM32F4 Discovery board, I cannot get the debugger working, with the IAR workbench it sais the ''the flash loader program reported an error'' and the next pop up window sais ''the debugging session could not be started, either the debugger initialization failed or else the file ''D:\My_STM32F4_Projects\Follower_Avoider\Debug\Exe\c.out'' was corrupt or of an unsupported format. There might be more information in the debug log window.

I tried with simple bliking led programs but none of them worked.

When I try to connect the boad with ST-LINK Utility it sais No ST-LINK detected.

I tried another F4 Discovery board

--

>

the same thing. I also blugged my card in another computer, when I clicked on debug it sais ''the flash loader program reported an error''.

I don't know how to fix this problem, I've been searching for 2 weeks now, I couldn't find any solution. can you please help me

#stm32-debugging-st-link-problem
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on February 18, 2015 at 13:32

You might want to refine your searching skills.

The general procedure for stopping broken code from running would be to connect VDD and BOOT0 pins, reset, then connect via the ST-LINK, and erase the user code causing the problem.

There are a number of things user code can do to break the debug interface. Like low power modes or reconfiguring the pins being used.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ckim
Associate II
Posted on November 30, 2015 at 12:35

I've seen the same 'No ST-LINK detected' error when I connected the STM32F401RE board to a USB port of my PC which is a different USB port that I have been using. So I switched back to old USB port and  it's OK. Somehow the uVision seems to be 'remembering' the USB port of the PC it is using. Does anybody know how to avoid this problem?

Posted on November 30, 2015 at 15:10

And does Device Manager see the ST-LINK as being present when inserted in the problem port?

Can't say I've had this issue, if you go into the Project Options -> Debug -> Debugger Settings, can it see it there?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ckim
Associate II
Posted on December 02, 2015 at 12:44

sorry my bad. I think I tried to open the debugger while another uVision window was using it.