Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about STM32 CubeMX

mark239955
Associate II
Posted on May 05, 2014 at 12:41

Hi guys,

I just used STM32 CubeMx to generate a brief project frame as I configed. I looked at the files that Cube includes to my project. For example, it has stm32f4xx_HAL_can.c, and in the stm32F429I discovery board support webpage, ST gives some example code about peripherals, in its peripheral driver, it has stm32f4xx_can.c. 

I compared with those two files and honestly I can not find something actually different. My question is are they same? why ST doesn't use same driver file, any particular reason? And I also check HAL definition, I still can not quite understand it, anyone could give me a brief idea or useful link?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Mark
2 REPLIES 2
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on May 22, 2014 at 17:57

Hi Mark,

Please share the generated driver or your .ioc file.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

stm32cube-t
Senior III
Posted on June 19, 2014 at 16:37

Hello Mark, check-out

http://www.st.com/stm32cube

for an understanding of new ST initiative: stm32f4xx_HAL_xx.c/.h drivers are part of the STM32CubeF4 HAL library which shares a common API with the other STM32 series.

The other driver you're refering to (stm32f4xx_can.c) belongs to the standard peripheral library (ST legacy solution for STM32 microcontrollers).