Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM330DL sampling readings

a24278
Associate
Posted on April 07, 2014 at 13:27

Hello

I'm using a LSM330DL and have at 400Hz ODR of the both sensors data, and read this data to a PIC MCU using SPI protocol.

I'm currently using the STATUS_REG register and poll the ZYXDA bit to determine if new data is available, and then I read the OUT_ registers. The problem of this solution is I'm continously polling the sensor and this consumes a lot of current.

What I need is to keep both sensors and MCU in low power / sleepmode, and have a interrupt (DRDY?) to signal the MCU of new data available, so MCU will wake up, and read the data from the OUT_ registers, and go back to sleep mode.

It seems to me that both sensors readings of the LSM are aligned (correct me if I'm wrong), so I thought that I only need one interrupt signal for either sensor, and then read the data from both.

How should I setup and configure the LSM in order to get an interrupt to signal the MCU that new data is available?

Please note that the application is NOT motion detection, but 400Hz sampling, regardless motion occurred or not

#lsm330dl #sampling #drdy-interrupt
1 REPLY 1
joel2
Associate
Posted on April 07, 2014 at 23:27

I have the same question as Daniel, I'm just not seeing anything clarifying this in the datasheet.