cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing event WM_NOTIFICATION_RELEASED for STemWin button

cs
Associate II
Posted on July 22, 2015 at 08:15

STM32F429I-Discovery demonstation application compiled with GCC sometimes hangs on release of a STemWin button.

It is due to a bug in k_bsp.c code in function k_TouchUpdate() which sends wrong coordinates when users lift pen from touch panel.

I manage to fix the problem with the following modifications in line 118:

Replace:

if((ts.X != 0) &&  (ts.Y != 0))

with:

if((ts.X != 0) &&  (ts.Y != 0)

&& ts.TouchDetected != 0) /* 08/07/2015: Fix WM_NOTIFICATION_RELEASED event missing */

Hope this can help!

2 REPLIES 2
Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on July 23, 2015 at 17:11

Hi,

I cannot reproduce your issue, can you please tell me exactly where you are facing it?

-Syrine-

cs
Associate II
Posted on July 28, 2015 at 23:21

Hi,

I compiled the demonstration program found is STM32CubeF4 firmware release 1.6.0, for STM32F429I-Discovery board, with GCC version 4.7.3

The demo runs fine except for one problem : when I click on a dialog button (for example in the Reversi game), the demo sometime freezes. This never happens with the

binary provided with the firmware (STM32CubeDemo_STM32F429I-Discovery_1.2.1.hex).

I found the source of this issue: when the stylus goes up from the touchscreen, wrong coordinates are returned to STemWin, causing the event WM_NOTIFICATION_RELEASED never be sent to the dialog window proc.

The fix I propose ensure that the coordinates sent to stEmWin are correct when the stylus goes up. allowing the WM_NOTIFICATION_RELEASED to be generated normally.

Christian Schoffit