cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debuging STM8 With ST Visual Developer Cant Select MCU

carl2
Associate II
Posted on April 16, 2014 at 17:52

I need to a Debug an STM8L151 with ST Visual Develop, I have the cosmic compiler installed and activated.

My Project builds, but wont start debuging.

I get the warning/error ''Before running the application, you should first select a MCU for the project''

Going to the project settings, it wont let me select any MCU, i've got an empty list. On another PC this list is populated.

Have tried uninstalling and reinstall the compiler and ide multiple times.

0690X00000604wsQAA.png

Using 32bit Windows 7
5 REPLIES 5
S C
ST Employee
Posted on April 17, 2014 at 14:06

Hello,

It looks like the DAO dll have not been correctly registered during the installation. If you installed STVD-4.3.5, try to manually launch ST Toolset.msi from the st_toolset/stvd/dao repository. If it does not fix, I hope this will at least give a clue why.

Best regards
carl2
Associate II
Posted on April 17, 2014 at 17:05

Hi yes using 4.3.5.

Ran the .msi installer but it hasn't helped. any other ideas?

I get a similar error when creating a new project, I get a window asking to select an MCU for the project with no MCUs listed the OK button is greyed out and the window has no close or cancel button the only option is to kill the process.

Carl.

S C
ST Employee
Posted on April 24, 2014 at 10:33

Hello,

May you please then firstly check the presence of following files:

dao350.dll, dao360.dll and dao2535.tlb in

''c:/Program Files/Common Files/microsoft shared/DAO'' or ''c:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/microsoft shared/DAO'', depending on your OS version.

If files are present, try to manually register them, through a command prompt:

regsvr32 ''c:/Program Files/Common Files/microsoft shared/DAO/dao360.dll''
carl2
Associate II
Posted on April 24, 2014 at 15:40

Yes dao350.dll, dao360.dll and dao2535.tlb are present in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\DAO directory

Registered them manually as suggested no change unfortunately. Using Windows 7 32bit upto date with patches.

roman2399
Associate
Posted on March 17, 2015 at 19:09

Hi,

I faced the same problem. Did you solve it a year ago? Can you share?

Thnks.