Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about TDA7293

ravindra
Associate II
Posted on June 02, 2016 at 07:54

Dear Support Team,

I am using the TDA7293 as per datasheet recommendations. I am also using the MUTE and STBY pins but not the CLIP-DET pin. Everything is working without any issues.

My question is:

1. Can I connect the CLIP-DET pin on TDA7293 to the MUTE pin using a 1N4148 diode such that the anode connects to the MUTE pin and the cathode connects the CLIP-DET pin? My idea is to mute the amplifier whenever it clips.

2. Is the TDA7293 sensitive about the voltage on STBY pin during start-up? Is there any condition around the voltage on STBY pin (e.g. OPEN) such that under that condition the IC can get damaged or just blow-up?

3. There are some threads around on the internet about the TDA7293 getting blown-up. What are the specific conditions under which this can happen?

4. Can I use the TDA7293 as a non-inv V-I converter such that the loudspeaker and the current sense resistors become the gain resistors?

Thanks in advance!!

With warm regards,

Ravindra.
1 REPLY 1
Nickname1623_O
Associate II
Posted on June 03, 2016 at 04:45

hi Ravindra ,

please find my answer below :

1) it's not recommended , due to clip detection output was voltage pulse , it's better to connect this output to MCU with 10k ohm pulled up resistor .

2) no , if you followed ST recommended power on/off sequence in data sheet.

3) for power device , we need to make sure application condition within SOA of device .

4) yes , you can configure TDA7293 in current feedback , due to this device had been designed for voltage feedback , then you will find some performance degradation in THD , freqeuncy response and efficiency .

Thanks

YT