cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F429 FMC SDRAM problem

jasonj2
Associate II
Posted on April 22, 2014 at 08:37

Hi, I am using STM32F429ZIT6 in my new design. I got a Rev.Y silicon from DIGIKEY. I found that the SDRAM cannot be used as stack or heap, and now I know there is a problem as stated ES0206 “2.8.7 FMC dynamic and static bank switching�?.

The problem is existed in Rev.A, RevY, and Rev.1 silicon as stated by ES0206. The workaround given by ES0206 is not reasonable for me cause there is FPGA and NAND connected to FMC, as while as the SDRAM, and the SDRAM will be used as stack and heap.

My question is when will the new silicon revision with all the FMC problems fixed be available? The FMC problem has hindered progress a lot, and I cannot wait for long long a time. If the new revision cannot be public available soon, can I get some engineer samples of STM32F429ZIT6 with new silicon revision?

2 REPLIES 2
stm322399
Senior
Posted on April 25, 2014 at 20:17

I heard that Rev.1 is in mass prod and Rev.2 will only be available as sample in 14Q3.

Someone from ST to confirm ?

grvyang
Associate
Posted on October 24, 2014 at 10:50

In ''2.8.4 Corruption of data read from the FMC'' section, this issue was fixed in revision ''Y'', but still cannot use the SDRAM as heap in revision ''Y''?