Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F407VG

amal18
Associate II
Posted on May 05, 2014 at 12:44

HI,

It is possible to use the graphical library from ST to create a graphical application with STM32F407?  What about the LCD ?

Best Regards ,

4 REPLIES 4
Posted on May 05, 2014 at 15:45

It is possible to use the graphical library from ST to create a graphical application with STM32F407?  What about the LCD ?

Doesn't it work with boards like the STM3240G-EVAL? Review the schematic and software available for that.

Well the 407 isn't going to work with a Dumb TFT panel, you'd need one with a built in controller, and interface with the FSMC bus.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
amal18
Associate II
Posted on May 05, 2014 at 18:45

I want to display an  image and a data (example  temperature). For graphical application , I 've found STM32F429I and the tool embedded graphic editor. So , how can I process ? Is there any sample project of graphical application ?

Posted on May 06, 2014 at 02:18

The STM32F429I-DISCO comes with a ''Dumb'' panel, the graphics are painted from an SDRAM based frame buffer.

Drawing graphics into rastered display buffer is something that's been done for decades, there should be plenty of examples, and methods out there. The STM32F429I-DISCO has examples, there is the ST emWin. The other ST EVAL boards also have examples. And there are plenty of vendors selling graphic libraries and tools.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
amal18
Associate II
Posted on May 06, 2014 at 10:49

Sorry for this question , I'm beginner with STM32 . I've found the package stm32f4cube and i'used  BSP drivers . Now , If I want save the image of the screen in order to send them to another device . How can I do ?