Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEMS microphone MP34DB01

ingalbi
Associate II
Posted on May 09, 2014 at 17:02

Hello,

I'm working on mic MP34DB01. I want to use this mic with mps430 mcu.

It's not clearly on datasheet, the communication protocol is SPI right ?

Can the microphone triggered data?

thanks

#mems-microphone #mems-microphone
4 REPLIES 4
Alessandro MORCELLI
Associate II
Posted on May 13, 2014 at 10:12

Hi JN,

Basically the microphone digital output is in a PDM format. This signail is a serial digital stream on a single line so basically it is possible to interface the PDM signal to a common SPI port of a microcontroller. Of course the clock of the SPI port must be chosen according to the microphone clock. Exactly the mic clock if the microphone is stand alone or doubled in case the microphone is used in stereo configuration.

This type of connection is done in one of our boards avaiable on the web (MKI138V1). You can find schematics and BOM as well as MCU code explanation at the following link

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF258331

Regards,

Alessandro

ingalbi
Associate II
Posted on May 13, 2014 at 12:27

Thanks for the response.

I have already configure correctly my SPI clock (MSP430 Master) with frequency (2 MHz) and use the MEMS microphone on mono configuration. 

I'm not getting correct data on DataOut Pin, I connect a probe on it and the signal has an voltage value about 300mV.

I check your link but there is not any example code.

Pls can you send it.

Regards.

ingalbi
Associate II
Posted on May 15, 2014 at 14:34

Finally I resolve the problem.

The clock for MIC and SPI needs to be generated from external Timer and the SPI Module is to be used in Slave Mode.

jeannot
Associate II
Posted on May 13, 2015 at 13:13

The original post was too long to process during our migration. Please click on the provided URL to read the original post. https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I6no&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bvm%2F6EuaOF87t3_bSfO.2y8hklJQZ0Kl.LR_V5gWD01qYZ8&asPdf=false