cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DfuSe Demo does not download second target in file

tommycooper
Associate II
Posted on May 14, 2014 at 17:23

Using DFU File Manager, I generated a DFU file with 2 target images (ID 0 and 1) from hex files. I can verify this DFU file is valid and downloads correctly using a homemade parsing app. However, when using DfuSe Demo, only the first target (ID 0) is downloaded regardless of which target is selected. I'm surprised this basic feature does not work, and it is a major barrier to my development process.

I've tried v3.0.2 and v3.0.3 (on Win7-x64) with no success.

#dfuse-demo-download-target
2 REPLIES 2
tommycooper
Associate II
Posted on May 15, 2014 at 20:44

Has anyone used this feature before?

Posted on May 15, 2014 at 20:56

Has anyone used this feature before?

I haven't, and I generally avoid responding when I don't have a position on something. I think the ST-LINK firmware uses a multifaceted image but is more of a custom/encrypted job.

I think the Demo is just that, and does enough to keep 90% of the people happy, when you get into corner use cases it could be a lot rougher and untested. Most commercial applications would likely build their own tailored solution and hide all of the details from the end user. They probably also secured access to the source via their local ST reps and FAEs.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..