Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F429 Silicon Revision 3 ETA?

malcolm23
Associate III
Posted on August 21, 2014 at 20:43

Greetings all,

I was wondering if there was any ETA on Silicon Revision 3 of the STM32F429. I'm working on a product that has 32MB of SDRAM and 16MB of NOR Flash (http://www.emcraft.com/products/224).

The work-around isn't practical for my application because I'm running in a hard real-time environment and my interrupt handlers need to have access to data in SDRAM memory, which means NOR is unusable without the new silicon revision.

Many thanks,

- Malcolm

#stm32f429
9 REPLIES 9
Posted on August 22, 2014 at 12:04

What is ETA?

JW
frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on August 22, 2014 at 12:59

What is ETA?

I'd guess Estimated Time of Arrival.

If correct, this is hardly a question any user here can answer...

Posted on August 22, 2014 at 13:18

> If correct, this is hardly a question any user here can answer...

Well, it certainly depends on the place where it is supposed to arrive, and the chain through which it is supposed to arrive... So at the end of the day, the definitive answer depends on the supplier, but according to PCN MMS-MIC/14/8608, first shipment date for TFBGA and WLCSP is week 44, for the smaller LQFPs week 46, and for the largest LQPF week 14/2015.

JW

malcolm23
Associate III
Posted on August 28, 2014 at 21:18

Excellent, I'll ask our vendor to keep an eye open for them and get us some samples ASAP. Many thanks!

- Malcolm

mvanschie9
Associate II
Posted on February 06, 2015 at 08:48

Hi all,

Does anybody know if revision 3 of the STM32F437IIH6 is already in full production and availlable through European distributors? Apart from the PCN MMS-MIC/14/8608 dated august 2014 I can't find any information on availlability.

Unfortunately, on our current development boards revision 1 of this MCU is used, in which a blocking problem exists with the FMC in case of static and dynamic memory on the external bus.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Mark

philipp
Associate II
Posted on February 13, 2015 at 12:16

Hi mark,

we seem to have the same problem with controller STM32F429 revision 1. Is there any more information about the problem, e.g. a statement from ST?

Posted on February 13, 2015 at 15:39

ST published the errata, and they issued the PCN to distributors. I wouldn't expect more.

JW

Posted on February 13, 2015 at 17:37

Invite the local sales guys to buy you lunch and chat about the F7, then asking them about your F429 woes.

It's a lot easier to get sales guys to come visit than a cadre of engineers.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
mvanschie9
Associate II
Posted on March 02, 2015 at 14:30

Hi Philip,

I just got the following feedback from ST:

''Dear Sir,

The rev 3 is now in full maturity.

It is possible to get it from any distributor of ST network.

Best regards,

EMEA Support''

I also managed to get a few samples of the rev3 controller. The rev1 controllers on our development boards are currently being replaced by the rev3 controllers so we can proceed with our BSP development and verify if the external memory bus is working properly now.