Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32f091RB

rafik
Associate II
Posted on December 26, 2014 at 13:31

hello everybody

before starting to explain my problem, I wish to inform you that I am a beginner, and also I'm sorry for my English.

I'll buy a STM32F091RB MCU and I have not found an IDE to program nor a tool to download the programme.Donc my question is this:

What IDE should I choose?

how should I proceed to download the program?

and where I can find the library for the MCU?

Thank you in advance and happy new year.

cordially

#stm32 #stm32f0
3 REPLIES 3
uc2013135191
Associate II
Posted on December 26, 2014 at 15:46

Hi,

I personally use IAR Workbench free version - 32kb program limited. It's a professional tool that let's you program many other MCUs. I advise using it, it was the first to support (if i'm not mistaken) and many examples were made on it.

There's also KEIL, also a has a free version 32kb limited. 

There is also TRUEStudio which i know nothing about but the STM32Cube also comes with examples with it in mind.

Now there's also the option of using Eclipse with GNU ARM toolchain. It's completely free.

Personally i would advise you IAR Workbench.

If you are starting you also might want to chose a peripheral library, correct?

There's the older (and more solid) Standard Peripheral Library which i have been using for a STM32F0 too and i really liked it (remember when searching to include the series, F0, F1, F3, etc...). No problems so far. There are plenty of examples included + allot from the web.

For example i tend to put here my training codes for each peripheral 

https://sites.google.com/site/luiselectronicprojects/tutorials/stm32-tutorials

There's also the currently being developed STM32Cube. This is newer, less tested so it should have some bugs here and there (i am not aware of any). There's less examples out there than the previous library since it's new. But it has tools like the STM32CubeMX that help you create a project with the peripheral and clock initialization you need with a graphic interface (very handy). Also it doesn't exist (yet) for the F1 series.

I really like the STM32Cube with it's tools but when asked to do a task from a firm i needed to use the Standard Peripheral Library so that's what i am learning. Maybe something to take into account when choosing (firm preferring old but solid).

Happy holidays

Posted on December 26, 2014 at 16:54

Pretty much any development platform supporting the Cortex-M0 could be used. Evaluate them, and pick one you like. If you have no budget that will limit your choices significantly.

Check the ''Design Resources'' tab for your specific part.

http://www.st.com/web/catalog/mmc/FM141/SC1169/SS1574/LN7/PF260610

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
rafik
Associate II
Posted on December 26, 2014 at 19:11

thanks for your help 

merci pour votre aide mecs.

et si vous pouvais me dire ou je peux trouver un schéma d'un MCU STM21F0 avec l'horloge et son alimentation et tout les circuits nécéssaires pour le fonctionnement de ce MCU.

and thank you very much 🙂