cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant get CAN to work on SPC56xL Discovery + board

brd_gsm
Associate
Posted on May 09, 2014 at 14:46

Appart from the fact that there are no specific examples for it, i have tried to do something with spc56ELxx OSLess CAN example from another board, and even though leds blink, there is no CAN data generated.

I would really appreciate if i could get this to work.

And regarding FlexRay, are there any resources available for it?

Thanks!

#can-spc56el70l5-flexray
9 REPLIES 9
Posted on May 13, 2014 at 16:15

Hi,

The existing CAN demos use an internal loopback mode, messages are exchanged internally so nothing is visible outside.

If you need to adapt a demo to another board, proceed as follow:

- Copy/paste the CAN project in the ''Project Explorer'' and give it a new name (optional).

- Open configuration.xml..

- Select the ''drivers'' component, go in the CAN section and open the only configuration you see there, unselect the loopback mode.

- Select the ''board'' component and load the preset for your board using the ''open'' icon in the configuration view, this will setup IOs for your board. You don't need other settings because the two boards have the same oscillatory frequency.

- In the board component again you have to setup the CAN pins for CAN, see the Reference Manual and the board schematic.

Giovanni

Brugus
ST Employee
Posted on May 19, 2014 at 17:48

Hi,

The CAN - DB9 part assembled in the board is connected in wrong way. To solve the problem you have to add an adapted as indicated in the attached picture.

Marco

Attachments :

CAN_DB9_adapter.JPG : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006qVyu&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bo5%2FcS9AGGl25ngKedno93vv9lRCVFuzKMW_rk5hQbN3gnc&asPdf=false
brd_gsm
Associate
Posted on May 22, 2014 at 10:53

Thank you very much, i will test it this afternoon and come back with results.

By the way, what about FlexRay?

Regards,

Javier

Posted on May 29, 2014 at 08:52

Hi,

FlexRay support is not planned for SPC5Studio at this point. A FlexRay driver is available in the AUTOSAR MCAL package for SPC5 devices.

Giovanni

David Staffenberger
Associate III
Posted on June 01, 2017 at 11:28

Hello,

were there any changes regarding FlexRay? Are there any examples for that?

David

Posted on June 01, 2017 at 16:37

Sorry David ,

At the current time, it is not planned for SPC5Studio release.

Best Regards

Erwan

Erwan YVIN
ST Employee
Posted on June 16, 2017 at 10:24

Hello David ,

on Mass Market point of view (RLA & HAL), we have no FlexRay drivers

About AUTOSAR MCAL on SPC56 L, you can find some information on this following link.

https://my.st.com/content/my_st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/spc5-embedded-software/stsw-spc56as002.license%3d1497601240928.html

Best regards

Erwan

Posted on June 16, 2017 at 09:31

Hello,

but as far as I understand it still is possible to make use of flexray right?

Giovanni mentioned the 

AUTOSAR MCAL package for SPC5 devices, what is this exactly? Is this the drivers for FlexRay?

Is this something st offers or from a third party?

Thanks in advance,

David

Posted on June 16, 2017 at 10:55

Hello Erwan, 

does this now mean that the SPC56 L can be used for FlexRay applications or not? Because the link you sent does not show any signs of FlexRay. 

If it is still possible to use the FlexRay is there any possibility that I can get a sample program?

Best Regards,

David.