Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4 - ADC diferent triggers for channels

Bogdan
Senior
Posted on November 17, 2017 at 13:07

Hello,

i am working on a 3phase bldc solution using TIMER1 using a STM32F427VI device 

The hardware is providing 3 ADC channels ( one for each phase),  and 1 ADC channel which measures the DC voltage of the converter

For the current adc channels, i was thinking to use  the adc regular channels with trigger source from Timer1  via the ADC_ExternalTrigConv_T1_CC1/2/3

And for the DC voltage to use a adc injected channel triggered by timer1 cc4 event.

My adc setup code looks like this  

ADC_CommonInitStructure.ADC_Mode = ADC_Mode_Independent;

ADC_CommonInitStructure.ADC_Prescaler = ADC_Prescaler_Div2;

ADC_CommonInitStructure.ADC_DMAAccessMode = ADC_DMAAccessMode_Disabled;

ADC_CommonInitStructure.ADC_TwoSamplingDelay = ADC_TwoSamplingDelay_5Cycles;

ADC_CommonInit(&ADC_CommonInitStructure);

ADC_InitStructure.ADC_Resolution = ADC_Resolution_12b;

ADC_InitStructure.ADC_ScanConvMode = DISABLE; 

ADC_InitStructure.ADC_ContinuousConvMode = DISABLE; // ADCx->CR2 CONT bit = 0 (1 only for regular channels)

ADC_InitStructure.ADC_ExternalTrigConv = ADC_ExternalTrigConv_T1_CC1; // Trigered by Timer1 - Channel 1

ADC_InitStructure.ADC_ExternalTrigConvEdge = ADC_ExternalTrigConvEdge_Rising;

ADC_InitStructure.ADC_DataAlign = ADC_DataAlign_Right; 

ADC_InitStructure.ADC_NbrOfConversion = 1;

ADC_Init(ADC1, &ADC_InitStructure);

ADC_RegularChannelConfig(ADC1, ADC_Channel_10, 1, ADC_SampleTime_3Cycles); // regular channel 1

/* ---------- Injected settings only -------------- */

ADC_InjectedSequencerLengthConfig(ADC1, 2);// Set injected sequencer length

ADC_InjectedChannelConfig(ADC1, ADC_Channel_12, 1, ADC_SampleTime_3Cycles); // injected channel 1

ADC_ExternalTrigInjectedConvConfig(ADC1, ADC_ExternalTrigInjecConv_T1_TRGO);

ADC_ExternalTrigInjectedConvEdgeConfig(ADC1,ADC_ExternalTrigInjecConvEdge_Rising);

ADC_ITConfig(ADC1, ADC_IT_EOC, ENABLE); // Enable regular end of conversion interrupt

ADC_ITConfig(ADC1, ADC_IT_JEOC, ENABLE);// Enable injected end of conversion interrupt

ADC_Cmd(ADC1, ENABLE); 

I was wondering if  it is posible to specify a diferent trigger source for each of the regular channels on the same ADC module? 

For example regular channel1 to be triggered by TIM1-CC1,   regular channel2 to be triggred by TIM1-CC2 and channel 3 triggered by TIM1-CC3 ? Or for this kind of setup i need to use 3  ADC modules?

0 REPLIES 0