cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

L6235 internal logic and temperature ratings

krspahr
Associate
Posted on May 14, 2014 at 18:21

I have 2 questions that I've posted to online support but haven't received a response.

(1)

I need clarification on the BRAKE input function - does it always short the 3 HS mosfets, independent of the ENA signal? I have independent signals driving the ENA_H and BRAKE_L pins

(2)

What are the cold-temperature limitations of this part? What is the distinction between 'max operation' at -40C vs. 'recommended operation' at -25C? What are the potential issues at -40C? What behavior might be expected at -55C (ignoring packaging-related issues)

?

Thanks,

Kevin Spahr

#l6235-bldc
1 REPLY 1
Enrico Poli
ST Employee
Posted on May 26, 2014 at 10:28

Dear Kevin,

(1) The EN input has higher priority than BRAKE; if EN is low the power stage is disabled whatever the value of the other inputs.

(2) The device is operative within the range -40°C - 150°C. Higher or lower temperatures does not guarrantee the device operation. Some characteristics of the IC derates with temperature, the reccomended operative range indicates the temperature range where the IC works better.

Please, consider that the actual junction temperature is always higher than the ambient.

Regards

Enrico