Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVALSTPM32 SPI Writes

james2
Associate II
Posted on May 19, 2014 at 18:21

Hello,

I have the EVALSTPM32 board along with the STEVAL-IPE023V1board and GUI software. I was able to calibrate the STPM32 with a load via the GUI.

I have all pertinent documentation that is linked to this product but am having trouble.

I am now trying to communicate via SPI with a non ST MCU through an ISO board and am able to read the dsp status and control registers but have not had any success with writing them.

I have read and followed the detailed descriptions in DocID026142 Rev 1 for the STPM32 but am still unable to achieve this as I would like to calibrate by reading and writing to the registers via SPI.

To date, I have also searched the ST website and currently have not found any additional information that might reveal and/or possibly resolve my issue so I am posting here.

If there is any additional documentation or information that may still be available to help resolve my issue, it would greatly be appreciated.

Regards,

James
5 REPLIES 5
james2
Associate II
Posted on May 19, 2014 at 21:21

In the document DM00111861.pdf page 65, it states that for SPI:

''Two different codes are used for the read address space and write address space, which can be found in the register map.''

However, looking at the register table and map, it is not apparently clear of these two address spaces.

Could someone please explain what this statement or what these two addresses spaces are? (read address space and write address space)

Thank you,

James

Posted on May 20, 2014 at 02:35

Not a board I have, and honestly not much traffic/support from users of this board here. Bit of a niche product, perhaps there are consultants/contractors with more specific experience, or your local FAE?

I'd presume it means a 32-bit read address indexed by 2, and a 16-bit write address indexed by 1, with 42 write registers at the front.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
james2
Associate II
Posted on May 20, 2014 at 15:08

Ok, thank you for your response, Clive. I will contact my FAE regarding this.

Posted on February 03, 2016 at 17:45

Hi James,

I am about to embark on using the STPM32 for a new project with a view to communicating to it with SPI. Did you manage to achieve this and if so any help would be appreciated?

Posted on February 03, 2016 at 18:30

Three posts from 22 months ago, it's highly probable the account has been deprecated, and the OP no longer visits. Contact your local FAE, or ST sales office, it is your best conduit to finding those supporting this hardware. 

Per my previous observation there is little or no support for that part on this forum.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..