cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4 FreeRTOS CMSIS CubeMX Keil Example

marsenault
Associate II
Posted on May 22, 2014 at 16:59

Our application will use FreeRTOS for the OS. We are using the STM32F4-Discovery eval board in our alpha unit. The development environment is Keil MDK-ARM Professional/ uVision 5.

I need an example to understand how to use FreeRTOS with this processor with Keil

MDK-ARM. I have used STM32CubeMX to generate code with FreeRTOS included, however, I need an example to understand where and how to put my tasks in the user areas.

Are there any examples illustrating a simple 2 task FreeRTOS application? I get this up and running easily using Keil and RTX, but we must use FreeRTOS.

#stm32f4-freertos #example-code
2 REPLIES 2
chen
Associate II
Posted on May 28, 2014 at 11:50

Hi

Have you checked the FreeRTOS download web page?

http://www.freertos.org/a00090.html#ST

There is a demo fro STM32F405 but it is for IAR.

The next nearest match is a NXP LPC4350 demo using Keil/RVDS

The descriptions of the demo make them sound complicated. It may be easier to look at the demos, how they statically create tasks and write your own 2 task demo to learn how to do it.

marsenault
Associate II
Posted on May 28, 2014 at 20:26

Hi sung.chen_chung,

I finally figured this out by mapping the Keil two task Blinky example in RTX to the FreeRTOS code generated using STM32CubeMX.

I did not realize, until attending an STmicro seminar last week, that you must put added code in the delineated /* USER AREAS */ or reinvoking CubeMX on the project would overwrite your code..

Thanks