cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spirit1 DK error

molnarda
Associate II
Posted on September 29, 2014 at 11:06

Hi, I just installed the STSW-CONNECT009 pack, and upon starting the Spirit1 DK I get an error. The error in the error-log.txt is the following:

''local variable 'key' referenced before assignment''

Could anyone help me with a solution?

(my system is a fresh Windows7)

edit: solved - usb driver error, nothing to do with the software (the response message could be more straightforward though)

#spirit1
9 REPLIES 9
Nickname1920_O
Associate II
Posted on September 29, 2014 at 12:14

Hi,

can you describe in more detail all the steps you do? Sorry but it's a strange behaviour, so we need any possible information.

Regards!

molnarda
Associate II
Posted on September 29, 2014 at 12:20

I downloaded the STSW-CONNECT009.zip folder, installed everything to the default folders, click on SPIRIT1 DK application, and this is the first thing I see:

0690X00000604tpQAA.png

upon clicking OK the application exits. error-log.txt says: local variable 'key' referenced before assignment

That's all. Maybe I'm missing some software requirement as this is a clean windows7?

Thank you for looking into my problem!

molnarda
Associate II
Posted on September 29, 2014 at 14:28

never mind, it was my fault, the evalboard was not properly connected!

nicolas239955
Associate II
Posted on November 13, 2014 at 21:35

I have the exact same issue. Tried with both boards of the kit... Tried almost every thing actually.

Nickname1920_O
Associate II
Posted on November 14, 2014 at 09:21

Hello,

we cannot reproduce this issue.

Please, can you describe every single step you have performed from the scratch? Did you get some warning message during the installation? Can you attach the error-log.txt?

Regards,

Gaetano

nicolas239955
Associate II
Posted on November 19, 2014 at 01:30

Hello,

Actually I just connect the board, fire up the Spirit1 DK app and get the message.

Log file just contains the phrase reported in the first message of the topic.

I have to mention this happens randomly sometimes it just works.

I'll try to install it on another computer and will inform you of the result.

Nickname1920_O
Associate II
Posted on November 21, 2014 at 10:53

Hello,

because this is a random issue, I suspect that is something related to the hardware. Have you tried with another USB cable?

Anyway, for your information, as soon as possible a new version of the DK will be released. Hope this will solve any problem.

Regards,

Gaetano

molnarda
Associate II
Posted on January 09, 2015 at 14:38

Sorry for the late answer, I just got back to the forum - it was working allright, had a USB connection issue that was all.

But to give you some constructive response, the error message could be much clearer on a simple issue like this that everyone could have 🙂

molnarda
Associate II
Posted on January 09, 2015 at 14:38

It was a connection issue for me, try other cables / usb ports!