Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash programming STM3221G-EVAL

ahmedzizou690
Associate II
Posted on June 13, 2014 at 20:34

Hi everyone,

I would like to flash programming my Stm3221G-Eval Boards without using The ST_link..

I already

configure

the

boot mode

{

boot

0,boot1}

and the

boards

is properly connected

to the PC

via

an

RS232

cable

when I start the

flash

loader

demonstrator

and I

put

the

port's

name

I get

this

error

''verify

the

boot

configuration mode

and the

flash

protection

status''

also i

want to know where

can I get

the binary file

thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on June 13, 2014 at 22:07

The serial channel needs EVEN parity 9600 8E1 should suffice for testing. Also you could used RealTerm, sending an 0x7F hex value, and seeing if a 0x79 is returned.

To generate .BIN files will depend on the tools, FROMELF, OBJCOPY or ELFARM generally would be able to do that, but I seem to recall .HEX files being usable, but that might be for the ST-Link utilities.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ahmedzizou690
Associate II
Posted on June 14, 2014 at 13:50

Hi clive1,

Please can you tell me how to load the binary image of the user program to the root directory of a USB key..

Thanks.

Posted on June 14, 2014 at 14:52

Please can you tell me how to load the binary image of the user program to the root directory of a USB key..

Not sure I completly understand the question, but I'm going to assume you want software that will access a USB Flash Drive and write that to the internal memory of the STM32F2.

This example for the STM32F4-Discovery should be reasonably portable

STM32F4-Discovery_FW_V1.1.0\Project\FW_upgrade
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..