Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using ST-Link with STM32F439

anas27
Associate II
Posted on August 10, 2014 at 20:58

Hi all,

I am planning on using the STM32F439 as I need as much performance as possible. As I understand it, to upload a program to the board I will need the ST-Link V2. Could someone please explain how I would connect the two together, i.e. which wire goes where?

Thanks for all the help.
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on August 10, 2014 at 23:41

Just use a standard connector, and that way you can use regular pods/cables.

http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.faqs/attached/13634/cortex_debug_connectors.pdf

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
anas27
Associate II
Posted on August 12, 2014 at 08:26

Thanks very much! Also, will online tutorials based on the discovery boards (with the debugger built in) be applicable to my setup? Sorry it's such a novice question!

Posted on August 12, 2014 at 14:12

Applicability of code for other boards/designs will be dependent on how many differences there are in the designs, and the clock/pin/peripheral changes you will need to make to port the code to your board. The more similar the designs, the less work you'll have.

You should spend a lot of time reviewing the schematics for as many reference designs using the STM32 parts as you can before designing/building your own. Read the data sheets and reference manuals until you are comfortable with the functionality and implementation.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
anas27
Associate II
Posted on August 16, 2014 at 15:57

Thanks a lot for the advice!