Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32Cubex and eclipse

martingingras9
Associate II
Posted on June 02, 2014 at 17:27

Hi,

I am struggling trying to have a plain empty project to work under eclipse from STM32CubeMX generated code.  Why is there is no option to generate code for eclipse?  What is the procedure to migrate from a project generated for IAR or any other IDE to eclipse?

thanx

Mart
3 REPLIES 3
slawek2
Associate II
Posted on September 05, 2014 at 14:57

Hi,

I've got the same problem ( and so do thousands of other devs out there I guess ) have you solved this? Any helpful thoughts?

Thanks a lot!

Posted on September 05, 2014 at 17:08

and so do thousands of other devs out there I guess

You'd think you'd have enough mind share between yourselves then to be able convert an ASCII/XML project definition into some other tool chain?

Assume the people ST is working with, and paying the bills, are using professional tool chains, and could code an AWK/PERL script if they had too.

Having Cube generate GNU/GCC compatible make files has been suggested.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
slawek2
Associate II
Posted on September 08, 2014 at 08:55

Assume the people ST is working with, and paying the bills, are using professional tool chains, and could code an AWK/PERL script if they had too.

Assume that ST pays its bills by selling chips not IDE licences - thats propably the reason they released CubeMX don't you think? Not everyone likes to use Keil or IAR ( TrueStudio is in fact the same ''unprofessional'' GNU toolchain ) because of their functionality not the licence price.