Associate II
Posted on October 23, 2008 at 07:08

Help - No user code ?!

4 REPLIES 4
pt1
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:48

Hi,

I've successfully compiled and debugged some user code. No I can't do this anymore. The compilation/linking seems to be as always, but the flashing seems to be very quick. I've found out that there is no user code available, it seems that it is only the cstartup-file active, main() is never called. I use the optimization switch C1 but I do not have problems with this to now. What setting could be wrong. I'm using the raisonance RLINK and RIDE7 software.

Best regards Edi

okelly2
Associate II

Hi Edi,

Do you have an *.icf file?

In my IAR environment, this is specified in project/options/linker .

override is checked, and I have $PROJ_DIR$\STM32_Flash.icf .

Evidence that I needed STM32_Flash.icf was that during the build there were warnings that no code had been flashed to the device. I don't know if this is exactly the trouble you are having.

Regards,

Owen

pt1
Associate II

Hi,

thank you all ...

I've solved my problem with generating a new project.

By the way ST: Please take out this assert_param() bullshit,

thank you.

Best regards Edi

pt1
Associate II

Hi Owen,

thank you, but I don't think it fits with my problem. After compiling I have only 1kByte of Flash with I can program. But I should have approximately 50kByte. It works before, but now some settings seems to be wrong. Maybe I have changed these setting with a special key-combination. I work on a laptop and I often press key I don't want :-? unfortunately.

Best regards Edi