cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32f429-Discovery

amiyadasa3
Associate
Posted on June 05, 2014 at 07:06

Hello, my program runs smoothly on EWARM IDE simulator smoothly but as I select st-link and download and debug, program does not run to main.Error are (i) CSTACK beyond limits and (ii) memory and file differ.

Any help??

#spi #discovery #stm32f429
2 REPLIES 2
chen
Associate II
Posted on June 05, 2014 at 11:26

Hi

I do not think you have given enough information to help diagnose the problem.

My first question(s)

How did you create the project?

Is the target set to a stm32f429-Discovery board (I think IAR/ST have actually supported the dev board).

Ps. I have not found the IAR simulator to work properly, especially with some of the hardware registers. In particular, the clock (CCR) registers never seem to set the osc ready bit true.

amiyadasa3
Associate
Posted on June 08, 2014 at 04:06

Hi Chung,

thanks for responding. As to ur querry - I created the project on MX cube of ST. I developed it for SPI function. I did not include BSP drives. And yes the target was set to stm429zi under device selection (both on MX and on EWARM IDE).

My latest observation is: the program runs to 'pow' file instead of to 'main function' and even when forced to return to main on selecting main address at disassembly section the program returns to the same address after single action of step in, step out, next statement etc.

Awaiting suggestion from you as well as from anybody else.

With thanks again.