cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Stm32 chips working at -55 degree? Is screening possible?

cyqdtc
Associate II
Posted on August 07, 2015 at 15:21

We are trying to design a circuit which may need to work at -55 degree. And our current design is with stm32, which is very powerful.

Here comes my questions:

1. Does stm32f4 series have -55 degree (temperature) versions?

2. If not, can we use screening to find out MCUs which may be able to work at that temperature?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Richie 
3 REPLIES 3
Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on August 07, 2015 at 16:11

Hi Richie,

If you refer to the Ordering information scheme in any STM32 product datasheet you can find the Temperature range that the product is able to work at.

-Syrine-

cyqdtc
Associate II
Posted on August 07, 2015 at 16:17

Hi Syrine,

The datasheet says that it can only work at -40 degree.

Are there -55 degree versions?

Or can we get MCUs working at -55 degree with screening(make them work at -55 degree and pick 6 from 10)?

Posted on August 07, 2015 at 17:20

I'm not sure you can identify the parts that ''cease to work'', what gets validated is that it meets the specifications over temperature, voltage, and process variations (window)

It's likely to alter the speed and threshold voltages of the transistors. It's going to be hard for an outside observer to determine if there are subtle issues in the critical paths, and by the time you see a failure it's occurring at a pretty gross level.

I would only program the flash at nominal levels.

If you're going to evaluate a low temperatures, run the device at centre specs wrt to voltage and speed, and be conservative with the flash wait states.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..