cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F429 Eval autoboot

brian2
Associate II
Posted on October 21, 2014 at 02:38

I have built the samples and evaluation projects for the STM32F429 using the IAR tools.  I can Download and Debug applications fine but I would like to flash the application and have it start when I power the board.  I can not seem to figure that part out, when I Download the active application it does not start.  I would also like to take a the output from the build and send it to someone to flash to their board and boot.

Is there a step I am missing to have the application start at power on?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on October 21, 2014 at 03:49

Ensure that the application is built for the 0x08000000 FLASH address, and the boot options via SW1 and SW2 are set correctly.

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/user_manual/DM00093451.pdf

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
brian2
Associate II
Posted on October 21, 2014 at 05:31

I have the intvec set and the locations of the switch do not seem to make a difference.

Thanks

Posted on October 21, 2014 at 10:24

The default behaviour of the STM32 is to execute user supplied code from FLASH. If this code is not functioning correctly, then you'll need to break out the debugger and step through it to understand why it might not be working.

Code executed at full speed is going to be far less tolerant of code that does not wait for things like oscillators, and PLLs to start and lock.

You might also consider simplifying the code being run, by default the processor will run from the HSI clock at 16 MHz, it does not need to be reconfigured to higher rates for basic code to function.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..