cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DfuSe redistribution terms?

stano
Associate
Posted on June 06, 2014 at 18:45

Hi, I need to provide the end-user with a customized way to flash the firmware to our product. What are the redistribution terms on the DFU driver, STDFU.dll and the binary code compiled using the provided sources?

The enclosed ''MCD-ST Liberty SW License Agreement V2.pdf'' unfortunately defines the Product as something that runs on ST devices, which the updater obviously is not, and the updating by the end-user probably cannot be called a ''manufacturing''.

Is it allowed to provide the end-user with a DfuSe-based tool, or does one need to acquire a separate license for this?

Thanks

#dfu-dfuse-redistribution-license
4 REPLIES 4
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on June 10, 2014 at 11:24

Hello,

It is not allowed to use ST firmware with non ST products.

Please refer to ST-One post on

https://my.st.com/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/cortex_mx_stm32/DispForm.aspx?ID=35092&RootFolder=https://my.st.com/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/cortex_mx_stm32/Software%20License%20Liberty%20v2

for more details..

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

stano
Associate
Posted on June 24, 2014 at 16:24

Hi,

unfortunately that is not what I am asking. The firmware runs on a ST hardware. My question is regarding the application used to flash the firmware, which, obviously, runs on a PC.

ST provides source for an example flashing tool together with a binary-only DLL, with a license that does not seem to be applicable to firmware update by an end user. I am asking whether I can redistribute a binary built using this source and linked with this binary DLL. Again, this would be a flash tool used to flash a firmware to a ST device.

Thanks
okelly
Associate II
Posted on January 19, 2015 at 15:35

Numo,

Did you ever get an answer on this? I am interested.

Thanks and regards,

Owen

Posted on January 19, 2015 at 17:23

For all things legal you'd want to contact your local ST sales office/representative, and get it in writing.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..