Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please provide descriptions of the ACI calls:

charles23
Associate III
Posted on November 25, 2014 at 17:00

Dear ST

The application command interface (ACI )document UM1755 is incomplete. Many of the calls don't list the parameters to pass, and the results returned. In some cases it is possible to find this information from the Bluetooth specification, but in other cases (especially for the Vendor Specific Events) there is no Bluetooth equivalent. This makes development work very hard.

The general request is: can you please complete the ACI documentation. (You must have internal documentation - can you share it please?)

In the immediate term I am trying to interrogate a service and characteristics on a remote computer (specifically, I am trying to obtain the time using the Time Service). I am trying to use relevant commands but I can't interpret the results they return. Can you please provide the missing information for these Vendor-Specific Events:

Bluehci_Att_Find_By_Type_Value_Resp (0x0c05)

Bluehci_Att_Read_By_Type_Resp (0x0c06)

Bluehci_Att_Read_Resp (0x0c07)

Bluehci_Att_Write_Resp (0x0c0b)

Bluehci_Gatt_Procedure_Complete (0x0c10)

Bluehci_Gatt_Error_Response (0x0c11)

Bluehci_Gatt_Disc_Read_Charac_By_UUID_Resp (0x0c12)

It would be helpful also if you could suggest the correct sequence to read the time using the Time Service and Current Time Characteristic.

Thanks - Charles

#events #documentat #aci #bluenrg
1 REPLY 1
Posted on November 26, 2014 at 12:54

Hi Charles,

About the Vendor-Specific Events that you are mentioned, they are grouped in the paragraph: ''4.6.7 Other GATT VS Events'' with a general structure. Anyway, for futher details you have to read the Bluetooth specification.

For example, for event Bluehci_Att_Find_By_Type_Value_Resp, the event contains:

- Event code;

- conn_handle: The connection handle related to the response;

- event_data_length: Length of following data;

- handles_info_list: Handles Information List as defined in Bluetooth Core v4.0 spec. A sequence of handle pairs: [2 octets for Found Attribute Handle, 2 octets for Group End Handle]

To Read a characteristic with a known UUID, you could use the command  BLUEHCI_GATT_READ_CHARAC_USING_UUID.

Anyway, you have to follow the TIME PROFILE document.

Regards,

Graziella Marchese