cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLUEHCI_GATT_WRITE_CHARAC_VAL fails

charles23
Associate III
Posted on May 29, 2015 at 19:21

If I issue this command from a BlueNRG acting as a Central to another acting as a Peripheral, quickly after receiving an Indication from that peripheral then the call fails with error code 0x46 (''not allowed''). Experimentally I determine that I don't get this error if I insert a 50ms delay after receiving the Indication. A 10ms delay is not enough.

Can ST please confirm this is an undocumented bug/feature and provide a full explanation plus a recommended work around.

Regards - Charles

#bluehci_gatt_write_charac_val
1 REPLY 1
Posted on June 03, 2015 at 16:30

Hi Charles,

I apologize, but I'm not able to reproduce your scenario, in attach you can find two scripts (master ans slave roles) that show how a central sends succesfully the command BLUEHCI_GATT_WRITE_CHARAC_VAL after the EVT_BLUE_GATT_INDICATION event is received.

regards,

GM

If I issue this command from a BlueNRG acting as a Central to another acting as a Peripheral, quickly after receiving an Indication from that peripheral then the call fails with error code 0x46 (''not allowed''). Experimentally I determine that I don't get this error if I insert a 50ms delay after receiving the Indication. A 10ms delay is not enough.

Can ST please confirm this is an undocumented bug/feature and provide a full explanation plus a recommended work around.

Regards - Charles

Attachments :

Script.zip : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006Ht28&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000aJ6%2FAhJ1F80XtBT_SZ05CM_Jh_XLnX7sa_EL2bawoCEhVqc&asPdf=false