Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32f030 low-power

dejan2
Associate
Posted on June 12, 2014 at 08:33

Hi

Did anybody try low-power modes on STM32f030 MCU? Specifically Stop mode. I can't get current under 200 uA. Did anybody succeed and get under this? If yes, please share how? I have disabled almost all of controller and remove all unnecessary components. In Standby mode the current is 2,5 uA.

#metoo-maybe
6 REPLIES 6
zzdz2
Associate II
Posted on June 12, 2014 at 10:05

Do you have any load on I/O pins, these are powered in Stop mode.

dejan2
Associate
Posted on June 12, 2014 at 10:48

I have no loads on I/Os. I put all in analog mode, except four (SWD,SWC,WAK1 and WAK2). Also RTC is running.

zzdz2
Associate II
Posted on July 10, 2014 at 21:19

I just tested it and supply current in low-power stop mode is about 5uA, no debug, no RTC, peripherals off.

Posted on July 10, 2014 at 21:59

2,5 uA

You mean 2.5mA?

Disconnect the debugger and try a free standing chip.

What about external pull up/downs?

Are pins connected to other devices?
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
geoff2
Associate
Posted on September 04, 2014 at 21:02

I am having the same problem on the stm32f030r8 nucleo board.  Is that what you were using for this?  Did you get a resolution?

Posted on September 04, 2014 at 21:23

You might have a similar problem? Given the time the observation was made, I might more reasonably assume he was using a STM32F0308-DISCO, which also has an IDD jumper to permit measuring of current to the CPU.

If you are doing this in a debugger, you might expect that to be distorting the state of the system.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..