cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IAR Broken Options Error

jason239955
Associate
Posted on June 16, 2014 at 15:14

while opening workspace file of IAR being provided from STM in STEVAL-IHP002V1, IAR show me ''IAR Broken options Error'' and failed build with basic sample project being also provided STM.

Please refer to below TI's site including solution on MSP430 for same issue as i have with STM32F103

http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/IAR_Broken_Options_Error

Please kindly let me know how to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Jason
6 REPLIES 6
frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on June 16, 2014 at 16:05

I believe the IAR support or an IAR forum would be a better place to ask this question.

But I could imagine that the ST-provided project you tried to open was created with with a newer version than yours.

Posted on June 16, 2014 at 16:39

But I could imagine that the ST-provided project you tried to open was created with with a newer version than yours.

Or an older one? A lot of ST's templates were for 5.xx as I recall.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on June 16, 2014 at 17:20

I would expect newer versions to be backward compatible, i.e. able to read/open project file of older versions ...

Posted on June 16, 2014 at 18:07

I would expect newer versions to be backward compatible, i.e. able to read/open project file of older versions ...

I've been doing this long enough to expect the unexpected, tools that can't read older/newer varients of themselves is a classic failure mode. I'd expect it should work, but I'd also expect tools to be able to import files from competitive products too. I've been sadly disappointed too often to enumerate.

I've got old Office files that won't work in newer versions, and anything using MFC to load/save stuff is a complete cluster.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
jason239955
Associate
Posted on June 16, 2014 at 22:25

That's 6.30

Below is loading errors.

LOAD: Configuration 'Debug' in the project 'Backup of Backup (2) of PLM-SmartPlug_v20' contains broken options for tool 'ICCARM': 

(Registry: unknown name: CCOptimizationNoSizeConstraints) 

Options for 'ICCARM' will be set to default. 

Creating backup of original project file. 

LOAD: Configuration 'Debug' in the project 'Backup of Backup (2) of PLM-SmartPlug_v20' contains broken options for tool 'ILINK': 

The format of this file is not supported by this version of the workbench. It appears to have been written by a newer version of the workbench. 

Diagnostics: 'Settings 'ILINK': unsupported version - '. 

Options for 'ILINK' will be set to default. 

LOAD: Configuration 'Debug' in the project 'Backup of Backup (2) of PLM-SmartPlug_v20' contains broken options for tool 'C-SPY': 

The format of this file is not supported by this version of the workbench. It appears to have been written by a newer version of the workbench. 

Diagnostics: 'Settings 'C-SPY': unsupported version - '. 

Options for 'C-SPY' will be set to default. 

LOAD: Configuration 'Debug' in the project 'Backup of Backup (2) of PLM-SmartPlug_v20' contains broken options for tool 'JLINK_ID': 

Diagnostics: 'Settings 'JLINK_ID': unsupported version - '. 

Options for 'JLINK_ID' will be set to default. 

LOAD: Configuration 'Debug' in the project 'Backup of Backup (2) of PLM-SmartPlug_v20' contains broken options for tool 'PEMICRO_ID': 

Diagnostics: 'Settings 'PEMICRO_ID': unsupported version - '. 

Options for 'PEMICRO_ID' will be set to default. 

LOAD: Configuration 'Debug' in the project 'Backup of Backup (2) of PLM-SmartPlug_v20' contains broken options for tool 'XDS100_ID': 

Diagnostics: 'Settings 'XDS100_ID': unsupported version - '. 

Options for 'XDS100_ID' will be set to default. 

LOAD: Configuration 'Release' in the project 'Backup of Backup (2) of PLM-SmartPlug_v20' contains broken options for tool 'ICCARM': 

(Registry: unknown name: CCOptimizationNoSizeConstraints) 

Options for 'ICCARM' will be set to default. 

LOAD: Configuration 'Release' in the project 'Backup of Backup (2) of PLM-SmartPlug_v20' contains broken options for tool 'ILINK': 

Diagnostics: 'Settings 'ILINK': unsupported version - '. 

Options for 'ILINK' will be set to default. 

LOAD: Configuration 'Release' in the project 'Backup of Backup (2) of PLM-SmartPlug_v20' contains broken options for tool 'C-SPY': 

Diagnostics: 'Settings 'C-SPY': unsupported version - '. 

Options for 'C-SPY' will be set to default. 

LOAD: Configuration 'Release' in the project 'Backup of Backup (2) of PLM-SmartPlug_v20' contains broken options for tool 'JLINK_ID': 

Diagnostics: 'Settings 'JLINK_ID': unsupported version - '. 

Options for 'JLINK_ID' will be set to default. 

LOAD: Configuration 'Release' in the project 'Backup of Backup (2) of PLM-SmartPlug_v20' contains broken options for tool 'PEMICRO_ID': 

Diagnostics: 'Settings 'PEMICRO_ID': unsupported version - '. 

Options for 'PEMICRO_ID' will be set to default. 

LOAD: Configuration 'Release' in the project 'Backup of Backup (2) of PLM-SmartPlug_v20' contains broken options for tool 'XDS100_ID': 

Diagnostics: 'Settings 'XDS100_ID': unsupported version - '. 

Options for 'XDS100_ID' will be set to default. 

frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on June 17, 2014 at 08:58

I have experienced such incompatibilities, too, therefore the slightly restrained expression...

Fortunately, no company/provider in the MCU/toolchain field is in a monopoly position like Micro$oft. The Office version incompatibilities are IMHO a deliberate method to extract $$$ from the locked-in customers.

If IAR tried such a thing, they would surely push customers toward competitors. But one should not search for conspiracies where foolishness and carelessness are a suffice as explanation.

To the OP:

If trying the same version as ST is not an option (possibly the free Kickstart variant), I would create a new project and move the sources in. Definitely more work, but not as unrewarding as messing with proprietary project configuration files.