Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 in DIP and SO packages?

mikael239955_stm1_st
Associate III
Posted on June 29, 2014 at 22:48

Many years ago i asked here if ST will do STM32 in other packages like DIP , SO

now i ask again. It would be very nice to have a F401 in a SO16 for instance.

MKE04Z8VWJ4 is available in SO and NXP have 8pin DIP's!

3 REPLIES 3
Posted on June 30, 2014 at 00:23

And what is the annualized volume of those parts?

If there is a market for such devices, perhaps consider a 48 DIP, or smaller variant, with a carrier board and a 3x3mm WLCSP49 or 7x7mm UFQFPN48. If you must have a leaded part, a 10x10mm LQFP64. Run a Kick Starter campaign.

I don't work for ST, but can tell you the semi-conductor industry has changed in recent years, it's not going to pander to marginal niche users. Even relatively profitable lines will be dumped for significantly more profitable lines, like Lighting LEDs

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on June 30, 2014 at 01:21

20-pin TSSOP - Cortex-M0

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/cn/resource/sales_and_marketing/promotional_material/flyer/flstm32f030.pdf

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
mikael239955_stm1_st
Associate III
Posted on June 30, 2014 at 20:20

Posted: Monday, June 30, 2014 12:23 AM

Subject: STM32 in DIP and SO packages?

And what is the annualized volume of those parts?

If there is a market for such devices, perhaps consider a 48 DIP, or smaller variant, with a carrier board and a 3x3mm WLCSP49 or 7x7mm UFQFPN48. If you must have a leaded part, a 10x10mm LQFP64. Run a Kick Starter campaign.

I don't work for ST, but can tell you the semi-conductor industry has changed in recent years, it's not going to pander to marginal niche users. Even relatively profitable lines will be dumped for significantly more profitable lines, like Lighting LEDs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your wellcome to try to tell me as much you like but your argument is in vain because then you have to tell us what is the annualized volume of QFP v.s LQFP? And the annualized volume

between BGA and TQFP? And what is the annualized volume of 3x3mm WLCSP49

v.s 7x7mm UFQFPN48?

And why UFQFPN48? and not UFQFNPNPQUNPQWLSQPN48?

The list goes on and on, so ''why'' do NXP see a market for DIP8 but not SO8?

The market for TSSOP20 is way less then regular LQFP48 so why do ST make TSSOP?

Surely they must have reason to, so why not a F401 in SO16.. Just say'in!