cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JTAG Programming of STEVAL-IHM039V1

hayk
Associate
Posted on June 30, 2014 at 23:58

Hello! I'm building a motor controller using the STEVAL-IHM039V1 and the STEVAL-IHM027V1. I received these boards, configured the firmware (FOC SDK 3.4) and hardware settings for my setup (three-shunt pmsm w/ hall sensors), and flashed the code using the JTAG connector, an ARM-USB-TINY-H programmer/debugger, and gdb/OpenOCD. The LCD interface works and so on.

However, once I flashed the code, I can no longer connect to the board through OpenOCD. It says that it can't detect the board. However, I can connect to it and reflash it if I hold down the reset button while connecting. This makes me think that some pin setting might be incorrect in the firmware that somehow makes the JTAG not work. Any ideas? Here is the output of OpenOCD trying to connect:

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.8.0 (2014-05-13-11:37) Licensed under GNU GPL v2 For bug reports, read http://openocd.sourceforge.net/doc/doxygen/bugs.html Info : only one transport option; autoselect 'jtag' adapter speed: 1000 kHz adapter_nsrst_delay: 100 jtag_ntrst_delay: 100 cortex_m reset_config sysresetreq Info : clock speed 1000 kHz Error: JTAG scan chain interrogation failed: all ones Error: Check JTAG interface, timings, target power, etc. Error: Trying to use configured scan chain anyway... Error: stm32f4x.cpu: IR capture error; saw 0x0f not 0x01 Warn : Bypassing JTAG setup events due to errors Warn : Invalid ACK 0x7 in JTAG-DP transaction

#f4xx #motor-control #foc-sdk
2 REPLIES 2
Gigi
Senior
Posted on July 01, 2014 at 08:43

Ciao martirosyan.hayk

What I can suppose is that for a wrong configuration some pin of the JTAG has been remapped for another function. This is not usal for the STEVAL-IHM039V1. Another thing can be a wrong clock setting.

Post here your workbench project so we can check.

Ciao

Gigi

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the "Motor Control Hardware" section to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards