Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM3221G-EVAL and SSD1963

eduardo2
Associate II
Posted on December 11, 2014 at 17:08

Hi:

I am using the STM3221G-EVAL board and trying to use a a different TFT display than the original that came with the board. The original display is an Ampire display that uses a Ilitek controller ILI9320.

The new display I want to use is a Newhaven display that uses Solomon SSD1963.

I have downloaded  the STemWinLibrary522 from ST website and tried on the EVAL board. This library is supposedly to be configurable to work with different controllers. However, when I ran the STemWimDemo with the Ampire display works fine, but when I switch over the New Haven display I got vertical colored lines. I have changed the LCDConf_stm322xg_eval.c file so the firmware will switch over the SSD1963 controller.

Hardware wise, I made a breakout board to re-route the data lines and control lines and everything there seems to be fine.

I found out later that the vertical colored lines could be an initialization problem. When I looked at the code it looks like the STemWinDemo uses its own init code for the 

ILI9320 controller.

My question is: even though the STemWin library support SSD1963, do I need to create my own init code for the 

initialization of the 

SSD2963 controller?

Thanks,

#stm3221g-eval #stemwin #ssd1963
3 REPLIES 3
eduardo2
Associate II
Posted on December 11, 2014 at 23:01

ok, I got it to work (sort of). But the image  appeared mirrored and also rotated 90 degrees. What could be the problem?

Thanks,

chernobay
Associate II