Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F0 code uploading issue- ST link No MCU Device found

aruns06
Associate II
Posted on August 28, 2014 at 12:08

Hi,

I was uploading programs to Standard STM32F051R8 development board. While trying to upload the code, suddenly I have started getting an error message

''ST link No MCU Device found''. After I click on OK I got another message ''failed to load flash loader: C:\ProgramFiles\IAR-------Flashloader\ST\flashSTM32F05xx8.h''. Then click on OK will generate another error ''A fatal error has occurred, The debugger will terminate'' . I have removed and reinstalled the driver for STlink. I have used a pin near to BOOT0. Accidentally, if a high or low to BOOT0 will make any issues??????

Also I am able to upload the program with one condition. Hold the reset key, then upload the program and then release the reset button. This will upload program. can anybody share any solution?????

#st-link-no-mcu-device-found
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on August 28, 2014 at 14:35

Try using the ST-LINK Utilities, and the ''Connect Under Reset'' settings/options

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
aruns06
Associate II
Posted on August 28, 2014 at 14:51

Yes, I am able to connect the device with ''Connect Under Reset'' option(IAR as well as STLink utlity s/w). But the problem is, I am not able to stop the debugging in IAR. At that time error message bounces. Is there anything I can do with BOOT0 pin???? I think while connecting, I applied some high pulse to the BOOT0Pin (Not Sure). 

Posted on August 28, 2014 at 17:16

BOOT0 and Connect Under Reset will allow you to erase errant user code that breaks the debugger.

Consider what you are doing to break normal debugger connectivity, ie reconfiguring SWD GPIO pins, going into low power modes (SWI), DMA, etc. Stuff that occurs early in the reset path as debugger attempts to wrestle control of the system.

Disable things like ''Run to main()'' if there are issues in the Reset and SystemInit() paths.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..