Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexCAN filter duplicated on all configurations

aurelien23
Senior
Posted on May 12, 2015 at 14:11

Hello,

I'm using both FlexCAN of SPC56EL60 on SPC5 Studio 3.4.3 and I wanted to define filters for each of them. I created a config for each of them containing different filters. CAN1 has 16 filters from 0x200 to 0x20F and CAN2 has 16 filters from 0x400 to 0x40F.

--> 1st problem: all filters are merged in all config (CAN1 filters config was 0x200 to 0x20F AND 0x400 to 0x40F). I had to edit can_lld_cfg.c manually.

--> 2nd problem: the Rx mailbox number is fixed for both FlexCAN. The code generator does not allow to set a specific number for each FlexCAN.

--> 3rd problem: setting Rx mailbox number to 16 does not affect the function can_lld_is_rx_nonempty which only checks the first 8 mailboxes when not using the CAN_ANY_MAILBOX constant.
3 REPLIES 3
Erwan YVIN
ST Employee
Posted on May 13, 2015 at 10:58

Hello Aurélien ,

--> 1st problem: all filters are merged in all config (CAN1 filters config was 0x200 to 0x20F AND 0x400 to 0x40F). I had to edit can_lld_cfg.c manually.

You are right ,

it is a issue in CAN Layer (ftl file)

we have submitted a ticket for this. (Error report)

--> 2nd problem: the Rx mailbox number is fixed for both FlexCAN. The code generator does not allow to set a specific number for each FlexCAN.

No , in this case .. it is not possible.

It is a change request for this.

--> 3rd problem: setting Rx mailbox number to 16 does not affect the function can_lld_is_rx_nonempty which only checks the first 8 mailboxes when not using the CAN_ANY_MAILBOX constant.

Yes , it is another ER.

As a temporary solution , you can patch the file in components/lib/src or include file.

We will handle the ERs as soon as possible.

Best regards

Erwan

aurelien23
Senior
Posted on May 18, 2015 at 15:56

Regarding the 2nd problem, how could different FlexCANs could have a different number of Rx mailboxes since all CAN config definition are based on the CANConfig type which is using the unique CAN_RX_MAILBOXES size definition?

Erwan YVIN
ST Employee
Posted on May 18, 2015 at 17:18

Yes , we have submitted in our database a change request  to have a different set of Rx Mailbox Number.

Best regards

Erwan